Recently, I don't pick books to read for him. I let him to decide. Quite amazing to observe him do so. He goes to the book shelf and simultaneously he tells the books while looking for them.. either "Gruffalo bear" (refers 'Gruffalo's Child') & "Witch" (refers 'Room on the broom') or "Caterpillar" & "10 little rubber ducks"... sometimes he opts for older ones like "Brown bear","Peter Rabbit" & "3 Little pigs". He could remember the books I have read to him.
Read list - Volume 3:
1) Maisy Goes to the Playground (Hardcover) by Lucy Cousins
2) Maisy, Charley and the Wobbly Tooth (Hardcover) by Lucy Cousins
3) The Tiger who Came to Tea (Softcover) by Judith Kerr
4) 'The Cat in The Hat' Picture Book & CD set by Theodor Geisel
5) Dr Suess's ABC - An Amazing Alphabet Book (Mini Board book) by Theodor Geisel
6) The Gruffalo (board book) by Julia Donaldson